Friday, November 25, 2011

brigade (tandem)

tandem
Drawing bicycles is hard. Very hard. And to draw one or two of my characters riding this bicycle is even harder. While working on this one I realised that as much as I want those guys to be eco-friendly, cycle to work and stuff they just cannot. Their legs are too short! So I went through other characters I'd created and tried to put them on a bicycle and their legs were also too short! Now I feel guilty...

On the other hand it is fascinating that at some point the characters start living they own life and refuse to do things you want them to do. I will need to experiment with other means of transport here...

2 comments:

Cindy D. said...

It's a great bicycle and two great characters. I know what you mean about their not listening to a word you say, no matter how firmly.

nelleke said...

I like them, also that the one on the back wears a helmet :-)